SAS® OnDemand for Academics
Registration Instructions with Institutional Electronic Identity
To register for SAS OnDemand for Academics, you must complete the following:
- Create a SAS Profile
- Verify the SAS Profile
- Register for SAS OnDemand for Academics with SAS Profile credentials
Once you have completed SAS OnDemand for Academics registration, you can access SAS Studio.
Register for SAS OnDemand for Academics
1. Start at https://welcome.oda.sas.com/.
2. These instructions assume that you do not have a SAS Profile. Click Don’t have a SAS Profile.
3. If you clicked Don’t have a SAS Profile, a dialog box prompts you to create a SAS Profile. Click Create Profile.
4. Complete all the required fields to create a SAS
5. You must check the box to agree to the SAS Profile terms and conditions at the bottom of the Create a SAS Profile page. Click Create profile.
The Create profile button turns orange when you have filled in all the required fields. When you click Create profile, a message is displayed that tells you that a verification email has been sent to you with instructions on how to activate your SAS Profile.
6. Click the Activate your SAS Profile link in the verification email that was sent to your email address.
When you click the Activate your SAS Profile link, you are taken to a screen so that you can set your SAS Profile password.
7. When the password entries match, you can click Set password.
8. Your SAS Profile is now active. Click Continue.
9. Return to the SAS OnDemand for Academics Sign In page.
10. Enter your email address and your password. Agree to the terms and conditions. Click Sign In.
11. You are presented with a screen with options. It is important that you understand these options as they affect how you interact with SAS OnDemand for Academics.
The Help section named Need help selecting your home region? contains embedded tools to aid you in determining the best region for you.
Click Compare Performance of All Regions. The tool suggests a region based on performance.
Alternatively, select the country in which you will primarily use SAS OnDemand for Academics from the drop-down menu above Suggest. Click Suggest. The tool suggests a region based on your expected usage location.
12. Select your home region. Click Submit.
13. A dialog box prompts you to confirm your selection of a home region. Click Yes.
14. A message is displayed that says that your registration has been submitted and is being processed. An email will be sent to you with further instructions. Click Exit.
16. At the SAS OnDemand for Academics Sign In page, enter your email address and password. Agree to the terms and conditions. Click Sign In.
17. You are then logged in to SAS OnDemand for Academics. All users have access to SAS Studio as part of their registration. The other clients (SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Enterprise Guide, and SAS Forecast Studio) are all available with associated courses only. An instructor sends a course link to the students to enroll.
Sample Instructor Dashboard
In the following figure, the Applications tab is selected.
In the following figure, the Courses tab is selected.
Sample Student Dashboard
In the following figure, the Enrollments tab is selected where you enroll in a course.